This is a fantastic cover by Sara Bareilles. The sparse arrangement at the piano is great, but what really makes this cover is her time. Strong R&B pulse and well placed at the back of the beat.
Archive | CoversRSS feed for this section
I’m a sucker for a great cover. I go in search of them. I always learn something about arrangements when someone does a great cover and gives a song a twist.
This one is genius. I love how the 5/4 meter and wonky chords completely reinvent a familiar song.
- New recording of Drop by Drop February 10, 2013
- Drop by Drop performance Jan 17, 2013 January 7, 2013
- Listening: Cecile Chaminade July 20, 2012
- Libby Larsen: “Your ideal piece” June 16, 2012
- At Chorus America / ChoralConnections 2012 June 15, 2012